DIRISA has chosen Alfresco Community Edition as its internal document management system.
This section explains the setup of the system.
- Host: chewaai (18.104.22.168)
- CPU: 4
- RAM: 8 GB
- Disk: 10 GB + 250 GB (Ceph)
- Internet routable public IP address
- Permit incoming TCP ports 80 and 443 from anywhere
- Permit incoming TCP port 22 from administrator network for management
The system comprises two Git repositories, and everything is run as Docker container.
- Alfresco, https://gitlab.com/dirisa/dirisa-alfresco.git
- SSL-enabled reverse proxy, https://gitlab.com/dirisa/dirisa-alfresco-rproxy.git
Refer to services defined docker-compose.yml, you will find that Alfresco actually comprises a number of containers and requires a database server i.e. postgresql
The Git repository contains only the necessary software configuration customized for DIRISA environment. It does not contain the actual contents created/uploaded by Alfresco users.
Details of the customization and Docker runtime parameters are explained in the project README.
SSL-enabled reverse proxy repository
The Alfresco docker image does not support SSL hence this reverse proxy is included to serve HTTPS. It runs on Apache + mod_jk and forwards legitimate requests to Alfresco containers using AJP protocol.
DNS and SSL certificate
- DNS name docs.dirisa.ac.za
The SSL certificate used for this service was created using Comodo Certificate Manager licensed to TENET, https://hard.cert-manager.com/customer/TENET
For details about certificate creation, go to https://projects.dirisa.ac.za/projects/system/wiki/DIRISA_SSL_Certificate